Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Beginning the New Year

HI!

Today's in New Years Day, 2014. Can't imagine how 2013 got away so soon. Maybe it was selling two houses, moving 1200 miles, buying a home and starting into the process of building another. 

Maybe it was something else ......

Deb and I started the new year off with a bang, walking downtown to enjoy the fireworks and festivities on 16th Street Mall after having a great Alaskan King Crab dinner. 

Thousands of people; impromptu dancing venues; cool and brisk weather; no cars to fight with! We walked from our house to the end of 16th Street, turned left and went down Larimer to see the lights of Larimer Square, and then back home. Nice!



We've decided to take advantage of the exercise classes that are held daily at 24 Hour Fitness. They run regular Les Mills Pump (cardio weightlifting) and Les Mills Body Combat classes each day; Deb went to her first Combat (kickboxing, punching) class yesterday and today is just the tiniest bit creaky. We have the classes on a calendar on the refrigerator.

As much as we enjoy the holidays, I find that I'm prone to overeating and over-drinking. Surprised? So, I thought I'd try a new style of eating. I went to the library and got several cookbooks that focus on vegetables rather than raw meat. Not true veganism or vegetarianism, but closer to that than my current style of eating. Deb's a trooper; she loves to cook and will start looking through the books and picking out recipes we can cook at home and try out on people who visit. Should be a good experiment. 

We're making (Deb really) Crab Bisque for today's afternoon visit with friends. It's a favorite of mine, but it's hard to make since you need the crab and the shells to flavor the vegetable base. We're ensuring that the dish is gluten free, and will try to do that with most foods we cook, since that's becoming more of a challenge for folks we entertain. 

So, Happy New Year to all; prosperous 2014; and fulfillment of your needs! 

Cheers! 

Deb & Phil


1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you and your good fortune... I hope I'm as cool as you two when I celebrate my 55th or 65th New Year :)

    ReplyDelete