Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Almond Milk

HI!

I'm not a stickler for eating and I'm not tracking calories, but when I find myself getting to the point where I need to eat a little less I try something different. This round, I tried Almond Milk, something I never thought I'd do.

My usual breakfast is two pieces of whole wheat toast, two tablespoons of peanut butter, two tablespoons of strawberry jam, and two poached eggs. That breakfast pencils out at around 585 calories.

I made a switch to a "regular breakfast" of a cup of generic cheerios (100 cal) with 1-1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (60 cal). Interesting stuff - made of almonds and water, fortified with vitamins, it's creamy and has a very light, almost unnoticeable almond flavor. My new favorite regular breakfast pencils out at around 160 calories. The difference of 425 calories represents, for me, around 53 minutes on the elliptical trainer! Somehow, I'd rather eat my new favorite breakfast than spend an extra 53 minutes grinding the elliptical trainer.

Cheers!!

1 comment: